IN DEBT to the Believer and the Unbeliever
"Both to Greeks and to barbarians
(to the cultured and the uncultured), both to the wise and to the foolish,
I have an obligation to discharge and a duty to perform and a debt to pay."
Romans 1:14 (Amp
)

15 February 2011

His Jealous Heart

I heard the Lord say:

"I remember the devotion of your youth, when you were running hard after Me, when your heart was on fire for Me, when I was your portion, when every hour and every thought was consumed in Me.  I remember those times. And they brought Me great joy. Our hearts were so connected.  But then, as you followed Me into the wilderness where I would test you and mature you, you began to exchange the glory for that which does not profit.  In the pressures and challenges of the wilderness, you began to lose eye contact with Me, and you let your eyes be taken captive by the surrounding circumstances. In your distraction you became weak and you forsook Me, the fountain of living waters, and you began to hew for yourself cisterns, broken cisterns that could hold no water.  You began to find other lovers, ones that you gave your time and attention to, ones that caused your heart to be dull and unresponsive to Me.

But My heart became jealous for you, and I could not hold back any longer. In the passionate fire of My love for you, I came running after you.  I sought after you and took you back as My own.  I released My fire and consumed My enemies, those lovers that had robbed Me of the heart of My precious beloved.  I could wait no longer. I was jealous for your heart, and My jealous love for you burned within Me. And now I refuse to let you go again, so I am setting your heart ablaze with My love. And together our hearts will be one, flaming with the Father's love for the world. And we will go into the highways and the byways, we will go into neighborhoods and nations, and we will bring many into the kingdom. We will shine our light and release His love, and many will see and hear and believe."


Thank You, Lord, for this word. Thank You for Your fire that is consuming us. Thank Your for Your jealous love for us, for Your bride, Your beloved. Thank You that Your love that is unrelenting, that You never let us go, that You pursue us with an everlasting love. Thank You for consuming us in the fire of Your love and for taking us with You to touch this world and bring many into Your kingdom. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment