IN DEBT to the Believer and the Unbeliever
"Both to Greeks and to barbarians
(to the cultured and the uncultured), both to the wise and to the foolish,
I have an obligation to discharge and a duty to perform and a debt to pay."
Romans 1:14 (Amp
)

22 June 2010

Into His Glory!

Reading and meditating on this most recent chapter "In Beholding His Glory", the Holy Spirit let me feel God's love as I thought on and was amazed that He emptied Himself and left all His glory and comfort in heaven to come down and become a man, and then still humble Himself yet even more to serve man and even die for him. But even more than that, I began to feel the depth of that love as He identified with our pain and suffering, seeing and knowing the curse that we were living under, the curse of sickness and poverty, the curse of sin and death, and He took that curse upon Himself and went to the cross with it, breaking it's power over us and disarming it, along with all the powers and principalities that stood behind it.  He not only took that curse upon Himself, but He BECAME that curse. That just amazed me. He died with that curse upon Him, becoming the payment for it, redeeming us back to our Father in good graces and good standing, and all because He loved us. He didn't have to do that. He didn't have to leave all His glory and come down to this earth and live as a mere man, but He did. And just because He loved us. But then He went even further. He took on Himself the thing, the curse, that brought sickness, poverty and death  upon us, and He died for it, gave His life for it as payment. Amazing. Truly amazing.

And then after all that His love propelled Him even further, and He "took captivity captive". That's you and me, and He took us and redeemed us back to be with Him at the right hand of the Father, the place of His glory again. So this is where I was, what I was thinking on when that wave of the Holy Spirit came through the house of Destiny Sunday morning. I was just gazing at Jesus, amazed at His love and humility, and all that He did for me, drawing upon His love, and it was like He came and scooped me up and carried me into His glory. The worship of the saints created that wave that let me just get caught up. I loved it! His presence and glory was indescribable. I didn't want to move or let anything distract me from this place of His glory. Words just can't describe it. But please, Lord, let me experience that again! Take me into Your glory!  Take US in. Take Your house and family into Your glory again. We want to go!