IN DEBT to the Believer and the Unbeliever
"Both to Greeks and to barbarians
(to the cultured and the uncultured), both to the wise and to the foolish,
I have an obligation to discharge and a duty to perform and a debt to pay."
Romans 1:14 (Amp
)

11 October 2011

God is a Consuming Fire


God is Love
and He is a Consuming Fire.
1 Jn 4:16; Heb 12:29


The Lord said: "I remember the devotion of your youth, when you were running hard after Me, when your heart was on fire for Me, when I was your portion and My Word was your daily delight, when every hour and every thought was consumed in Me.
I remember those times, and they brought Me great joy. But then as you followed Me into the wilderness where I would test you and mature you, you began to exchange the glory that rested on you for that which does not profit. In the pressures and challenges of the wilderness, you began to lose eye contact with Me, and you let your eyes be taken captive by the surrounding circumstances. You became weak, and you forsook Me, the fountain of living waters, and you began to hew for yourself cisterns, broken cisterns that could hold no water. You began to find other lovers, ones that you gave your time and attention to, ones that caused your heart to be dull and unresponsive to Me.
But My heart became jealous for you, and I could hold back no longer. In the fire of My passionate love for you, I came after you. I sought after you and took you back as My own. I released My fire and consumed My enemies, those lovers that had robbed Me of My precious beloved. I could wait no longer. My jealous love for you burned in My heart, and I brought you back close to My heart, and now I refuse to let you go. Now I set your heart on fire and ablaze with My love, and together our hearts will be one, flaming with the Father's love for the world, and together we will bring many into the kingdom. We will shine our light and release His love, and many will see and hear and believe."


"He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."
Matthew 3:11