IN DEBT to the Believer and the Unbeliever
"Both to Greeks and to barbarians
(to the cultured and the uncultured), both to the wise and to the foolish,
I have an obligation to discharge and a duty to perform and a debt to pay."
Romans 1:14 (Amp
)

15 October 2011

In Debt - With a Duty to Perform


In Debt
to the Believer and the Unbeliever


“Both to Greeks and to barbarians 
(to the cultured and the uncultured), 
both to the wise and to the foolish, 
I have an obligation to discharge, and a duty to perform, 
and a debt to pay."
Romans 1:14 (Amp)


I am in debt – not to this world system but to the believers and unbelievers that live in this world, in debt to share the Christ in me.

I am crucified with Christ; it’s no longer I that live but Christ that lives in me.  As a believer, a child of God, a joint heir with Christ, as a carrier of the Christ in me, I am in debt to you and to the unbeliever. Rather you be rich or poor, cultured or uncultured, I am obligated to tell you about the good news of Jesus Christ, to let you in on what is yours through a surrendered life to Christ, through embracing the work of the cross, through the victory that He has accomplished for you and for me over 2000 years ago.  I’m compelled to tell others who it is that lives in me and what it is that He did for me and can do for them.

Christ set me free from the bondages of this world, from its greedy, idolatry, materialistic and controlling nature.  He forgave my sins, canceled my debt, and brought me into a life surrendered to His service, a life protected and provided for by His hand, a life led, guided, and empowered by His Holy Spirit.  He gave me purpose and vision and led my steps through fiery trials to test me and strengthen me for service.

When I was yet dead in my sins and in the uncircumcision of my flesh (still in my sinful and carnal nature) God made me alive together with Christ, having freely forgiven me of my sin.  He canceled my debt and took the note with all its legal decrees and demands that stood against me, and He took it out of the way and nailed it to the cross, and then He disarmed rulers and authorities, powers of fear, lack, insecurity, doubt and unbelief, and He made a bold and a public display out of them by His triumphing over them through Him on the cross. (Col. 2:13-15) God took care of my enemies for me.

From the very beginning God had a plan and a purpose and a destiny for me that no devil in hell could stop if I would just embrace by faith what His Son Jesus did for me.  So I did and His purpose and plan began to unfold for me. As I embraced the work of the cross, it released the power of the truth to be released and activated in my life. His life by His Spirit is my very breath that I breathe in daily.

Now, by His grace, He is making me debt-free to this world's system, but I Am IN DEBT to the world, to you and to those that don’t know the truth.  For my freedom came from Christ, and it’s Christ that came to set us free.  Therefore I must share the truth of God’s Word with you, for you shall know the truth, and the truth will set YOU free.

It’s Christ in me, the hope of glory, called according to His purpose, appointed by His grace.  I didn’t choose Him, but He chose me and appointed me, that I should bear fruit and that my fruit should remain and that whatever I asked the Father in His Name, He would do it for me.

He chose me to live out a life in Christ, a life empowered by His Holy Spirit, a life that would magnify and glorify Jesus Christ to the world.  Before I was born, when I was still in my mother’s womb, He knew me and called me, appointed me for service, set me apart for a divine work and assignment in the earth, one that I would not know for years to come.  But before the foundation of the earth, He predestined me for this work and this assignment that He had prepared beforehand that I should walk in.  And along with this assignment, He provided for me all the tools and equipment I would need to carry it out.  He gave me the direction, the wisdom, the strength, the grace, the teachers, the anointing and everything I would need to accomplish and complete it.

First came the drawing and calling (the answering and surrendering), then came the purifying and equipping (the fire and the testing), then came the commissioning and empowering (the assignment and the anointing), and then the sealing and the sending out.  The years in the wilderness of testing, purifying and preparation are by far the hardest, but they are the most rewarding, for it’s there that the old man and the old nature are truly crucified, changed and conformed and brought forth into the new man, molded, shaped, yielded and equipped for his destiny.

God has a plan, a system, a way He works in all of our lives to bring us out of ourselves and into His divine nature and plan.  He uses everything in our lives to mold and shape and equip us, to discipline and mature us for the greater work that He has created us for.  The degree of our yieldedness and obedience effects the length of time spent in the wilderness.  Surrender early and consistently.  Yield to the work of the Master’s hand that you may be the vessel of honor and blessing that you were created to be, that you may grow and shorten your time in the wilderness, reaching your Promised Land more quickly.

Each one of you is designed for a unique and predetermined work and assignment in the kingdom of God.  God’s created you with a purpose and a destiny that is unique to you, that will glorify Him and that will bring redemption to this world.  No matter what age you are, your life’s purpose and destiny is hidden with Christ in God as well. It’s hidden with your life IN Christ.  As you embrace Jesus, a life crucified and dead to sin, a life dead to selfishness and to this world’s system and its self-centered ways, you will begin to uncover and discover who you really are and what you were created for.  It’s already there for you, but it’s found through a life that embraces the cross, that feeds on the Word and that’s filled with the Spirit.  It’s a journey of discovery, a journey of transformation, a journey of love – finding and discovering the love of the Father through the love of His Son, Jesus, by the working of His Holy Spirit that transforms you and that will transform the world, one person, one family, one church, one city and one nation at a time.

Discover God’s love.  The entries found in this blog are words given by the Holy Spirit, walked out on the stepping stones of His Word, and shared prayerfully that you may discover His love, and that your life may be transformed into His image and into who and what you’ve been created for.  Enjoy the journey.  I pray as you read and pray through these blog entries that you will be enriched and blessed so that you may be a blessing and an instrument of His grace and wisdom to others.

Advancing the Kingdom together,
HisHeartSeeker