IN DEBT to the Believer and the Unbeliever
"Both to Greeks and to barbarians
(to the cultured and the uncultured), both to the wise and to the foolish,
I have an obligation to discharge and a duty to perform and a debt to pay."
Romans 1:14 (Amp
)

29 January 2010

Come Redeemer, Come!

This week I have had the privelege of helping a friend and sister in the Lord from Zimbabwe by helping her to create a website for her ministry to support HIV/AIDS orphans in Zimbabwe. In doing this I have done much websearching on these orphans and orphanages, and have begun to feel the heart of the Lord towards them. It's taken me into a place of intercession and travail for these orphans that I have never been before. It's allowed me to see and feel to some degree the depth of their need, their poverty, lack and homelessness, and the need for people to love them and reach out to them in support, both physically and financially.
As I began to pray I saw these orphans down in a huge pit, thousands of them, stuck in a pit of poverty that they couldn't get out of. Then I saw people over here in America so blessed in comparison, but also stuck in a pit of lack and debt. I saw churches filled with people that had hearts to help these orphans, churches that were mission-minded that wanted to reach out and help these orphans and orphanages, but they were down in a pit as well, a pit of lack and debt. I began to cry out to the Lord for Him to come and redeem us, to pull His bride, the Church, out of this pit of lack and debt, to bless her so that she would be a blessing, to redeem her from the pit and set her feet upon the rock of her Redeemer. I began to cry out to the Lord to come and bridge His bride over to these orphans, to manifest His mercy and grace and flow through His people and the Church in a greater way.  
O Jesus, I cry out to You. You are our Redeemer. You are our Deliverer. You love these little children. Your heart and blood cries out for them. Come Jesus, come and redeem Your bride from the pit of lack and debt. Show Your mercy upon her and pour out Your blessing into her house. Rebuke the devour for her sake. Show forth Your glory in her life by blessing her in abundance so that she can be a blessing, a blessing that You've created and desired for her to be. She is in covenant with You, Jesus. She is Your covenant partner, bought by Your blood, redeemed from the curse of poverty and lack. Show forth Your power and Your glory in her life. Let Your hand of grace and mercy reach across the ocean to these orphans through Your bride. Let these little children see Your face and come to know You through Your bride. Come Redeemer, come. Come and do what only You can do.
We wait paitently for You, Jesus. We trust You. We remain in covenant with You that You may glorify Yourself through us. Amen and amen

"I waited patiently for the Lord;
And He inclined to me, and heard my cry.
He brought me up out of the pit of destruction,
out of the miry clay;
And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm.
And He put a new song in my mouth,
a song of praise to our God;
Many will see and fear,
And will trust in the Lord."
Psalm 40: 1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment