IN DEBT to the Believer and the Unbeliever
"Both to Greeks and to barbarians
(to the cultured and the uncultured), both to the wise and to the foolish,
I have an obligation to discharge and a duty to perform and a debt to pay."
Romans 1:14 (Amp
)

11 January 2010

Mercy Triumphs Over Judgement

Yesterday during pre-service prayer during a time of deep meditation, the Lord had me at His side wrapped in His love. I was so enjoying His presence and the saturating and infilling of my heart with His rich love and grace.  And then I looked out over the people and my heart sank. I saw stacks of unpaid bills and notes that said "delinquent", and debts that they were unable to pay. I saw the faces of the people and the hopelessness and defeat on their faces, knowing that they wanted to make good on these notes but were unable to. I wanted to help them myself by paying them, but I was unable to either.  Then I heard the Lord say, "Take ownership of them. Reach out and take ownership of them."  So I did. I began to reach out with my arms and gather up all the unpaid bills and notes of debt and bring them under my wings like a mother hen would do with her chicks. The Lord stood with me as I gathered and covered these notes, and then I heard the Lord say, "Mercy triumphs over judgement."
I felt His mercy and understood then the power that it had and the authority this mercy stood in over the attitude of judgement that the world took. I knew then that MERCY would always triumph and win the victory over standing in judgement. Jesus had won the victory and stood in authority and victory at the mercy seat and was releasing that mercy and grace through me as I reached out and "took authority" over the debt and lack that oppressed the people and held them in bondage. Thank You, Lord, for showing me this.
And to confirm this experience the Lord blessed me with the Word of the Lord that came forth through the service later that morning. "The Sun of Righteousness will arise with healing in his wings." (Mal 4:2)
God is arising with healing and mercy in His wings, and He's manifesting Himself during these dark and desperate times through His great love and gift of mercy in His people. Healing is going to flow in many ways and expressions in this hour as we yield to His mercy and just say "Yes".

No comments:

Post a Comment