IN DEBT to the Believer and the Unbeliever
"Both to Greeks and to barbarians
(to the cultured and the uncultured), both to the wise and to the foolish,
I have an obligation to discharge and a duty to perform and a debt to pay."
Romans 1:14 (Amp
)

05 March 2011

Redigging the Wells


Taking dominion
Redigging the wells of my/our salvation    
(Gen 26:15-25)

I am a child of God, a joint heir with Christ, a descendant of Abraham.
I go back to the wells of promise and covenant with my forefather Abraham that my Father God made with him and his descendants.
I redig the wells of promise and covenant that the waters of its life and promise may flow again.

(Gen 17:2,3,6-8)
"I am God Almighty; walk before Me and be blameless. And I will establish My covenant between Me and you, And I will multiply you exceedingly." 
"And I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make nations of you, and kings shall come forth from you. And I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you throughout their generation for an everlasting covenant to be God to you and to your descendants after you.
And I will give to you and your descendants after you the land of your sojourning all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God."


The blessings of Abraham flowed down through his son, Isaac.
"And it came about after the death of Abraham, that God blessed his son, Isaac." (Gen 25:11)

Then there was a famine in the land  (Gen 26:1)
God spoke to Isaac in this famine.
"Do not go down to Egypt; stay in the land of which I shall tell you. Sojourn in this land and I will bless you, for to you and to your descendants I will give all these lands, and I will establish the oath which I swore to your father Abraham. And I will multiply your descendants as the stars of heaven, and will give your descendants all these lands; and by your descendants all the nations of the earth shall be blessed; because Abraham obeyed Me and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes and My laws." (Gen 26:1-5)

This is the power of the blessing of obedience that is passed down to your children and your descendants. When you're obedient to God, your children and descendants reap the blessings.

(Gen 26:6-11)
While in this land Isaac fell into temptation fearing man more than God and told a lie about his wife, Rebekah, saying she was his sister. God exposed the lie, extended His mercy and released grace and favor upon Isaac because of His covenant and His promise with Isaac's father Abraham, and also because of the blessing of Abraham's obedience that flowed down through his son and descendant Isaac.
Isaac was therefore blessed and he began to honor the word of the Lord by sowing into the land of promise that the Lord had led him to.  And as a result God increased him.
(Gen 26:12-15,18)
"Now Isaac sowed into that land, and reaped in the same year a hundred fold. And the Lord blessed him, and the man became rich, and continued to grow richer until he became very wealthy; for he had possessions of flocks and herds and a great household, so that the Philistines envied him. Now all the wells which his father's servants had dug in the days of Abraham his father, the Philistines stopped up by filling them with earth."

"Then Isaac dug again the wells of water which had been dug in the days of his father Abraham, for the Philistines had stopped them up after the death of Abraham."

The devil has been jealous and envious of the blessing of God that is upon your life as a believer and descendant of Abraham. He does not want you to tap into that blessing so he has stopped up the wells and hindered the fresh flow of the waters of those blessings "by filling those wells with earth." (Gen 26:14) Earth signifies the flesh and things of the flesh. The devil has covered up those wells by tempting us to lean into the needs and desires of our flesh, into our fleshly desires, both materialistically and pridefully, into pleasures that satisfy our flesh and carnal nature, and into our own understanding. He's caused this leaning of the flesh and carnal nature to cover up the depths and richness of God's divine flow of power and blessing, and as a result it has been substituted with a religion that has an appearance of God but has no power.

It's time for us as a people of God, as the Church of the living God, to redig the wells of our salvation - to redig the wells of our promise and covenant as descendants of Abraham. It's time for us to recognize the fleshly things in our lives, this earth that has stopped up the wells of God's blessings and the inheritance that He wants to flow through our lives and to bless us with so that God is glorified. Our heavenly Father wants to be glorified through the manifestation of the covenant blessing He has made with us.

It's not going to be by might or by power, but it's going to be by the Spirit of God that lies within us. We're going to need to redig those wells in our own heart, repenting, praying and fasting, praying in the Holy Ghost, letting the power of His Spirit cut through the flesh and the things of the earth that have clogged up the fountain of life and blessing within us.

If you're tired of the way things are in your life and in this nation, if you're dry and thirsty for more, than Jesus said, "If any man is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From  his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water.' By this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive." (John 7:37-39)

Come to Jesus and begin to drink, begin to draw from the living waters that come from Him and that lie within you. Begin to put a demand on the anointing and tap into these waters that lie below the earth of your fleshly desires. Pray in the Spirit. Dig deep into the wells of your salvation and the fresh waters of life will begin to spring up. Blessings will begin to flow and manifest. An attitude of gratitude will come back alive, and this will cause the waters to flow even greater. God loves it when we are grateful for His life and blessings and we express it to Him and to others.

Let the River flow. Take dominion.  Redig the wells, and let the river of covenant promise and blessings flow. We have the victory in Christ.



Lord, we redig the wells of our salvation. We redig the wells of our covenant promise that is ours as children of God and joint heirs with Christ. We repent of our yielding to fleshly temptations and ask You to forgive us and give us Your heart and Your desires. We ask You, Lord, to help us to be strong and resist the enemy of our soul, to keep our eyes and heart set upon You. You are truly our life and our joy and all that we need and want.  We thank You, Father, that You are a covenant-keeping God, that when we are unfaithful You remain faithful. Thank You for loving us, Father, and giving Your Son Jesus that we might be redeemed back to You and into our covenant inheritance. And thank You, Father, for the fresh wells of Your covenant blessings that are flowing back into our lives again. Amen

3 comments:

  1. Last night at intercessory prayer the Lord led me to lay face down at the altar and beginning redigging the well of our inheritance, the inheritance that was predestined for me and for the house of Destiny for this good work that He had prepared beforehand that we should walk in.
    As I lay on my face I began praying in the Spirit, digging through the hard ground and dirt, the hinderances and obstacles of our faith, pressing into the hidden well of our inheritance. The first thing that I hit was doubt and unbelief. I recognized it but kept pressing through in the Spirit past it. I kept digging. I kept praying in the Spirit. Praying, praying. Then I heard in my spirit, "Let love be your greatest aim. Let love be your motivation." So love kept me praying and pressing through in the Spirit, praying in my praying language, pressing hard into the goal of my inheritance. Then I began to see faces in the house, people and lives that tugged at my heartstrings, and I began to weep. I had hit compassion. I pressed through in the Spirit through compassion and through my weeping, and I suddenly broke through into a deep cave like opening, a deep hidden well I suppose, and what I saw was not what I expected to find. What I saw in this deep well was a pool of mercy, liquid mercy. I asked the Lord, "How do I get it out?" and I heard Him say, "Draw upon it." So I began to draw upon it with my heart and with my Spirit. I began to draw upon it and suction it up through the deepness and into the natural, praising Him for the blessing, praising Him for the grace, praising Him for the victory.

    I'm not sure what all this means, but I believe that His mercy is one of the wells that He wants us to dig up to access and manifest the inheritance that is our in Him.

    Lord, we redig the well of our inheritance through Your mercy. Let love be our greatest aim, our motivation and our quest as we press into You and into our inheritance. Let mercy flow out of our lives and hearts as we go about our lives. Help us to be sensitive to others, to their needs and to Your power and blessing within us to give them. Let mercy extend a helping hand, a compassionate heart, a generous blessing or a healing touch and hug. Let us dig deep into the hidden wells of our salvation to find the deep love and hidden graces of our salvation. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. "In mercy the throne will be established." Isaiah 16:8

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got home from work early today and had an opportunity to lie down and rest, and as I did my spirit immediately began to go to that well of mercy and begin to draw upon it again. As I prayed in the Spirit drawing from the well with my heart and spirit, I once again saw faces of people I knew and circumstances that they were in, and I wept as I drew upon the liquid mercy. God's love and compassion in my heart was reaching for that mercy and putting a heavy drawing upon it. And as I prayed and drew from the well, it was like I saw the Lord's hands helping me and reaching down into the well and scooping up the waters and throwing them up over His head, and I was hearing "Showers of blessing, showers of blessing!" as He threw them up.
    I felt a smile in my heart as I watched this, feeling that He wanted the blessing released more than I did. He was enjoying Himself and helping my efforts as I yielded to the prompting of His Spirit. I was His partner in digging this hidden well of mercy, but He was the one that was releasing the blessing, finding pleasure in it and rejoicing over my labor. And as always He is the One that receives all the glory and praise for all blessings. "Every good and perfect gift comes from above."

    Thank You, Lord, for this well of mercy. Thank You for reaching down with Your heart and scooping up the waters of love and mercy and showering us with Your blessings. Thank You for Your love, Your mercy and Your grace that You pour out on us daily. Help us to see it and give you praise for it daily. Amen

    ReplyDelete