IN DEBT to the Believer and the Unbeliever
"Both to Greeks and to barbarians
(to the cultured and the uncultured), both to the wise and to the foolish,
I have an obligation to discharge and a duty to perform and a debt to pay."
Romans 1:14 (Amp
)

29 December 2009

To Know Him



"For my determined purpose is
that I may know Him, that I may progressively
become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving 
and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person
more strongly and more clearly, and that I may 
in that same way, come to know the power outflowing 
from His resurrection."
(Phil 3:10 Amplified)


Lord, this IS my passion. This IS my desire. For it IS my determined purpose that I may know You. There is nothing that I want more, Lord, than to know You more intimately.  I want nothing more than to progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with You, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of Your Person. O Lord, the wonders of Your Person. How that takes me to greater heights of Your love and seeking of Your heart.  How that takes me into depths of Your Word that only the Spirit can reveal.  O Lord, I want to know You more intimately.  I want to know the wonders of Your Person more strongly and more clearly.  I want to come to know and experience the power outflowing from Your resurrection in me.
You are alive in me, Jesus. You ARE my life, and because of this I count it all joy when I encounter various trials, because I know that the testing of my faith produces endurance. And I let endurance have its perfect work so that I'll be perfect and complete and lacking in nothing. And if I lack anything, especially wisdom, then I ask of You, God, for You give it to me generously and without reproach, and I ask without doubting for I refuse to be like the surf of the sea that's driven and tossed by the wind, for then how could I expect to receive anything from You, being double-minded and unstable in all my ways.
So Lord, because of all this I press toward the mark of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus, and I remained focused on You, to know You, to seek and to know Your heart, to be found in You, to be clothed in You and to be Your covenant partner in evangelizing this dying world.
This IS my determined purpose, Lord.  Only knowing You more deeply and intimately will satisfy and fulfill the longing in my soul.  
Amen and amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment