IN DEBT to the Believer and the Unbeliever
"Both to Greeks and to barbarians
(to the cultured and the uncultured), both to the wise and to the foolish,
I have an obligation to discharge and a duty to perform and a debt to pay."
Romans 1:14 (Amp
)

23 November 2009

We Are Desperate

"And there I will meet with you;
and from above the mercy seat, from between the two
cherubim which are upon the ark of the testimony,
I will speak to you about all that I will give you in commandment
for the sons of Israel."
(Exodus 25:22)
As I hear and respond to Your Word, Father, I come to meet with You again at the mercy seat. I come to hear what You would say. I wait upon You once again. As I wait, and as I listen, I hear You say:
"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say to the Lord, "He is my refuge
and my fortress;
My God in whom I trust.
Surely He shall deliver you from the snare
of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence.
He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall find refuge.
His faithfulness is a shield and a bulwark."
(Psalm 91:1-4)
This is Your secret place, Lord. This is Your meeting place, this secret but revealed place upon the mercy seat, between the wings of the cherubim. It is where You have chosen to meet with us, the place where we will find refuge and protection. It's the place where You show us and remind us of Your ultimate and forgiving love, the life blood of Your Son poured out for us, the sacrificial Lamb of God, unblemished and without sin given for us so that we may be restored and redeemed back to You. You draw us, Father, to this secret place where You might find intimate communion with us. You draw us here to show us that this is where You operate from. You show us it's from mercy that Your heart and love are set upon.
O Father, we bring our families to this mercy seat. We bring our nation. We bring this world. We draw upon Your mercies for them. We draw upon Your forgiveness, upon the shed blood of Your Son Jesus. We draw upon the power of that blood to break the works of the enemy and turn their hearts back to You. You said, "Surely He will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence." Surely You will do this as we stand in the gap for them and bring them to the mercy seat of Your forgiveness. Release Your mercy, Lord. We come boldly to Your throne of grace to receive mercy to obtain grace in our time of need. Surely You hear us and will respond. We need Your Spirit poured out upon us, Father. Without it we will surely perish. We are desperate, Father God. We are desperate! Come, open the flood gates of heaven and let it rain, let it rain, let it rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment